This is my first review of the Queen Collection eye shadow. I purchased the Brass n Sass eye shadow quad last month from H.E.B. Grocery Store when they had all Cover Girl and Revlon products on sale. I haven't purchased Cover Girl or Revlon eyeshadow in years. I just don't ever remember them working well (except for Loreal HIP). I've been hearing so much about the Queen Collection that I figured I'd try it out to see if these products were better. Since they are geared towards women of color, I was hoping they'd be very pigmented so I won't have keep building the color. Here are my thoughts.
 |
| Brass N Sass |
 |
| Looks promising from the finger swatches right??? |
 |
| Aww man! Disappointed. These swatches on my hand are very sheer. Very unfortunate for such pretty looking colors. |
So it appears that the Queen Collection is not what I hoped it would be. Can I make it work? Of course, but it will require primer, a lot of product and careful application so that the product doesn't fade away. *sigh*
Sorry for the disapointment, but CG eye shadows are not that great at all. The new lipsticks are AWESOME tho!
ReplyDeleteYeah, totally agree on that. I mean, they're not trash. I won't give up on the quad that I purchased because I really like the color combo, but I will NOT buy anymore.
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried their lipsticks yet. I was just gonna stick to the Queen Collection powders and bronzers since I knew those were good. I'll have to check them out. Any colors in particular you would recommend?