I have no problem admitting that it took a while for me to get comfortable with liquid liners. The effect seemed so perfect and flawless, however achieving it on my own took quite a bit of practice. What was the easy fix??? Liquid liners in the form of a pen. My two favorites are M.A.C. Penultimate and Revlon Color Stay Liquid Pen liner.
 |
| They have the same amount of product but there is a huge price difference. |
 |
| Revlon Color Stay Liquid Pen price varies by store. I paid $6.50 at Kroger's Grocery Store. |
 |
| M.A.C. Penultimate Rapid Black liquid eye liner retails at $17.50 |
So does the price difference equal a difference in quality? YES!! While I do like the Revlon Color Stay Liquid Pen liner, especially for under $7, it's not as wet and doesn't glide on as smooth as the M.A.C. Penultimate Rapid Black. It also doesn't seem to allow users to "reactivate the tip" the way that the M.A.C. Penultimate Rapid Black does. Whenever the product doesn't come smoothly out of the tip, you can just press down and it comes out. On a good note, the name is sufficient for the product. It really does stay on through tears, humidity, and sweat. The tip is a little larger than the M.A.C Penultimate Rapid Black so you may have to be more careful if you want to create a really thin line. I'll never forget, one of my clients referred to the M.A.C. Penultimate Rapid Black as the "fool-proof sharpie liner". Ha ha ha! I'd have to agree. The only con I can think of for the M.A.C. Penultimate Rapid Black is the price. As an added bonus, it's in a plastic container so you can use it for the "Back 2 M.A.C" program.
No comments:
Post a Comment