Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Coastal Scents HD Foundation Samples

I've been wanting to get MUFE HD Foundation for over a year now.  Well actually, I've been wanting both that and the Matte Velvet Foundation.  I did buy the Matte Velvet foundation around this time last year but I returned it after wearing it twice and not really seeing much of a difference between it and Studio Fix Fluid.  Since I was still working in a permanent position at with M.A.C., my discount trumped the almost $40 for the Matte Velvet.  Since MUFE HD foundation was even more expensive, I've only been matched and had samples.  I don't know if I'll ever spend $40+ on some liquid foundation.  Well...I take that back, I'd spend $100 if it stopped me from being oily.  *Sigh* one can only dream.

So ever since Coastal Scents came out with their version of HD Foundation, I've been intrigued. For months now, I've placed it in my check-out cart and taken it out a few times due to me trying to cut down on spending.  Honestly when it comes down to it, I REALLY don't need more liquid foundation.  Well, I went ahead and splurged last Friday during the weekend sale. ($50 was spent LOL!!).  See my 25% off Coastal Scents Haul.   I needed some extra items to make it to $50 so I could get free shipping soooo, I figured this would be the perfect time to throw in a few small items.  The samples cost $.50ea.  You really can't beat that.  At first I was going to get about 3 shades to see which ones would fit me the best and just in case I had to mix them.  Then I remembered, YouTube.  Duh!!  So after reading reviews on the colors that I felt would've been in my color range (numbers 9-13).  I started watching several video reviews on the HD foundation.

I decided to just get #11.  I saw several comments on the Coastal Scents website and a couple people on YouTube who said they wear NC45 in MAC and this was a great color for them.  Now of course there were a couple of people who also said this color was great for them but they wore NC44 to NC50.  That was a bit confusing but I decided oh well, it's $.50.  I'll take a chance.  I also saw a few comments and a couple of YouTube reviews in which the ladies said they wore anywhere from #173-#177 in MUFE.  I wear #173 in MUFE so I tried it out.

Boy am I glad I did.  I decided to just get 4 of the same color #11.  I made a great choice.  I absolutely love it.  Now this is something almost spectacular because there aren't a lot of liquid foundations that I'm fond of, especially to the point where I would say I love it.   See my post on my foundation exploration and journey.

Below I've captured my experience with my new foundation.  Before I label it as my absolute favorite, I will have to wear it out. We'll see exactly how long it lasts, how it works with my oiliness, and if it stays true to color.



This is the sample packet  It's 3g of product

I prefer to use pallets when using liquid and cream products
I used a flat synthetic foundation brush from Coastal Scents that I purchased last year.  It's really big and I love it
I started off with a small amount just to see how it would work

No lines.  It's a perfect match and it looks just like skin
You can see that I didn't have to use a lot to get good coverage
 I wanted to get the most out of my sample so I scraped up the remains and put it in a jar
This is a spatula that Jason a fellow MAC MUA gave me last year.  It's amazing.  I think he got it from Cinema Secrets
I squeezed the rest of the product from the packet into here
I got this jar in a set of two from Wal-mart for about $1 in the travel section

I love this powder. I'd use it everyday if it wasn't so expensive
This little travel size jar cost me $15.  Sheesh!
Had to conserve and not use too much
I used a large fluffy brush that I purchased from Coastal Scents last year.  It's really a wonderful powder brush and it's so soft.  
I didn't have to use a lot of this powder either
I'm very pleased with this purchase!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics