Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sally's Beauty Supply Mini Haul

So I guess I was the last person to find out about Sally's make-up huh?  I know I've never seen any MUA on YouTube talk or review it.  I've never heard any of my fellow MUAs talk about it either.

I did my co-worker's make-up a couple of weeks ago and she asked me about it.  I told her I wasn't familiar with it but I'd check into it.  She said that she uses it and she thinks it okay but wanted an expert opinion.  So yesterday I went to Sally's since I needed to spend about $12 dollars in order to get my extra discount next month (yes I fell for it SMH).  I really needed some brush cleanser.  I tried their brush cleanser a few weeks ago and was satisfied so I figured I'd get some more.  (I'll do a review on the brush cleanser and wipes in a later post).

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they made baked eye shadows.  You know what the best part was???  Hold on to your socks...they were $.94!!!!!  Can you believe it?  I almost went crazy in there but I had to remember that I'm trying to save money to go to IMATS and some other workshops this year (Enkore and PurseBuzz's Out of the Box in Baton Rouge, and Colored Beautiful's workshop here in Houston) so I need to work more on a need basis not an impulsive want basis.  LOL!  I ended up spending just over $15, which isn't bad.  I spent $3 more than I planned.  I do need to mention that these baked eye shadows are like mini eye shadows, but still you can't beat eye shadow for less than $1.  That's even better than E.L.F.

Sally's has a carousel tower right by the check out counter with all sorts of mini make-up items.  I saw lipstick, lipglosses (squeeze tubes and doe foot applicators), liquid liners, brow sets, eye shadow quads, mascaras, bronzers and blushes.  All of these were $.94.  I was amazed.  Here's what I bought below.

So I was sensible and got mostly only what I needed in addition to the extra eye shadows and one lip gloss.  I've never seen brush cleanser wipes before.  It'll be interesting to see how these work.

Here are swatches of the eye shadows and the lip gloss

So as you can see, they are all very pigmented.  Well it looks as though Charlie Sheen isn't the only one #winning!!! 

I put on the lipgloss and played with three of the eye shadow colors; the pink, the pearl, and the gray/purple . I'm quite excited about these products.  See below



I decided to add lashes to this look.  I'm using the #1 lashes from the beauty supply (they don't have a name on the container LOL!)
 

 
I'll definitely be returning to buy more of these for me and for my kit.  Woo hoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics