Never in a million years would I have guessed that I could wear drug store foundation. I have always felt that it was such a gamble trying to find my color without being able to try it on. Well since I saw and heard Erin Bailey (Scandalous Beauty) and Celebrity MUA Sam Fine talk about Black Opal, I thought I'd give it a try. Boy am I glad I did. I absolutely love Black Opal foundation sticks. I don't even know what else to compare them to. I guess the discontinued MAC Studio Sticks, but Black Opal Foundation sticks put the MAC ones to shame. Sam Fine actually helped to develop the formula for these foundation sticks. My color is Truly Topaz. I use Heavenly Honey as a a concealer under my eyes and for highlighting my face. I bought them last summer around July 2010 from Wal-Mart for $8.97. You know Wal-Mart has those weird prices. So for more product, more coverage, better finish, and a cheaper price, I fell in love with the Black Opal Foundation Sticks. Oh the MAC Studio Sticks used to cost $29.50.
See below:
I stumbled upon another drug store foundation that I was pleasantly surprised about. It's the Cover Girl Clean Oil Control liquid foundation. I was going through the Kroger Grocery Store Cosmetics aisle when I saw it on sale for like $4.75. I know it wasn't $5. I was out of Studio Fix Fluid and I figured hey why not. Even with my MAC employee discount this is still cheaper. Well this turned out to be a winner as well. I wear the color Tawny. It matches exactly. I couldn't believe it. Now, unfortunately it doesn't keep me from getting shiny, but really nothing does so it's okay. I wouldn't say this is my favorite liquid foundation of all times, but I will say that if I ran out I'd consider getting another bottle. Especially if it's priced under $5. Oh and the coverage is really good. It has a buildable coverage that goes from light to full. See below
 |
| I think the color of the label may have changed since last year. |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment