Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

MAC Wonderwoman Collection Spring 2011

So I'm extremely late with posting this since I've had these items since Feb, but hey better late than never right.  Plus some of these products are still being sold so I think it's still relevant. Ha ha ha!  When I was a little girl, I used to love Wonder Woman.  She was like the coolest thing ever.  Her, SheRa, Jem and the Holograms, and Punky Brewster were my sisters that I never had.  Needless to say, I was overjoyed when I found out about this collection around last summer on Spektra.net.   It seemed as though it took forever for Feb 2011 to come.  With all that being said, once I actually saw the products, I wasn't as impressed.  Yes, Wonder Woman is a comic super heroine, but I don't think the packaging should have been as tacky as it was.  I mean come on, you have comic book people and MAC people, they should've come up with the most beautiful, colorful, creative packaging ever. (granted I felt the same disappointment about the Disney Venomous Villains collection...total let down)  As a result, I only bought 4 items.  Since the products were in special packaging, there was no staff or MAC Pro discount.  This was an even bigger reason that I only bough 4 items.  Had I been able to get my regular staff discount I would've bought almost one of everything.  Oh well.  Luckily because I worked at a dept store counter and not a free standing MAC store, I was able to get my dept store discount.  It's no where near the same, but much better than paying the full price. :-D

Here are the items that I bought.
I added my Viva Glam VI lipglass in the middle to show how big these Wonder Woman Lipglasses are.  They are HUGE!
Check out the difference in the size of the wands.  Whoa!
Here are a couple of looks that I did using these products.

The first two looks I'm experimenting with the new Super Hero sized lipglasses and one of my all time favorites Viva Glam VI lipglass.  I also have on the Mighty Aphrodite Blush Duo and the Valiant Eye Shadow Quad.

Athena's Kiss Lipglass
Wonder Woman Lipglass
Viva Glam VI Lipglass w/MAC Burgundy Lip Pencil
 This is a close up of me using the Wonder Woman Valiant Eye Shadow Quad
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics